|Next: Problems Up: CONSTITUTIVE RELATIONS FOR LINEAR Previous: Constitutive Equations with Thermal Chapters
- Which conservation laws are especially useful for describing
stresses and strains? How are stress and strain related?
- Write the equations that result from an inversion of the stress-strain
- Describe in your own words the meanings of the state of plane
stress and the state of plane strain?
- Describe the two types of problems which when solved using the
theory of plane elasticity provide exact solutions.
- Consider small shear strain for a moment. It is often given
in terms of an angle. Explain why this is done.
- What is a constitutive relation? Write down the general constitutive
relation in terms of Cauchy stress and strain.
- For an elastic, isotropic solid material, how many constants
are required to define the constitutive relations? Name these
and define their meaning.
2001 Foundation Coalition. All rights reserved. Last modified