Contracts, Organization, Risk
This module briefly describes the natural competitiveness of traditional practices within the construction industry. It also illustrate risk allocation.
- Students must be able to list conflicts as seen by the Owner, the Designer, and the Builder
- Students must be able to site the general risk allocation rule.
- Students must be able to list the allocation of specific risks to the usual three parties.
- Students should be able to list and/or describe the three basic forms of ownership.
- Students should be able to sketch and annotate the basic forms of project organization.
- Students should be able to list, briefly describe, and state the advantages and disadvantages of each of the various types of construction and consulting contracts.
Student Materials/ PDF
Complex Process: PPT
Forms of Organization: PPT/ PDF
Types of Contracts: PPT/ PDF
- Instructor guide
- Reading Assessment
- Case Study