The object of this project is to determine how much energy comes from the sun. You are to design a solar detector system that can lead to that answer.
Your team's tasks include:
- With an opamp circuit as the "core technology" of this project, designing and constructing a sensor that can detect sunlight and convert the solar power density into a measurable electrical signal (current, or voltage)
- Calibrating the solar detector
- Operating the solar collector and acquire data over the course of a day, representing solar power density versus time
- Integrating this solar power over time (i.e., one day) to find the total solar energy density
- Carrying out an appropriate analysis of the project and documenting this work in a succinct report that includes the normal components, such as an overview, a description of the design phase, testing and final outcome of the project.