What are examples of dysfunctional behavior that can lead to the destruction of a team?
- Dominating the group, personally attacking other members, being overly aggressive
- Refusing to compromise, no matter what
- Polarizing discussions, creating win-lose alternatives
- Introducing or arguing for ideas related to personal interests, biases, or feelings
- Disrupting discussions or work sessions with clowning, joking, or other behaviors that interfere with the concentration of the team (as distinct from appropriate and even helpful amounts of spirited good humor that can be very constructive in maintaining team morale and energy), excessive side conversations
- Withdrawing, acting indifferent or passive about participation in the team, and letting others carry the load
- Promising results and not delivering